Welcome!

Welcome to my 880 course blog. I will be updating you weekly on the progress I am making in the computer lab. I am a nurse by profession and an educator by choice. I love nursing and I am pasionate about helping others to reach their full potential. I believe we can be anything we desire if we believe it enough it can come true. I strive to be the best educator I can be. This means learning to take risks and when you fall, get back up and swim upstream again. I hope you enjoy your stay with me.



Saturday, January 29, 2011

Week 3

Week 3
I spent my hours this week in the Simulation lab as well as working with Sue discussing different ideas related to the entire process we wanted to complete this quarter. We discussed developing weekly objectives for both faculty and students for the lab course we are currently teaching. We thought we would add a day by day lesson plan to our manual as each course we teach in the lab will be repeated in the future with another group a year later. This portion of the manual is to be updated each year it is used. I spent time going back over week one and week twos content and developing (it is currently on paper-still needs typed up) a faculty lesson plan and a student plan based on health assessment course. We decided that due to the assigned units from the course coordinator, we should be the responsible person for that week’s content. Sue developed week three and four content and we plan to break up the remaining weeks as they come.
Despite the weather we had this week, we met with the class for EDCT 880. We were given closer instructions on what the Professors wanted us to focus on for the following week so we redirected our thoughts to the upcoming check lists that would be do. I still am developing ideas for the rules section on the manual. Nursing is accountable not only to the University but also to the School of Nursing within the College, which includes the regional campuses. Here, we are governed by our own set of rules and regulations. Nursing has many authoritative agencies that we must comply with. The rules we apply must be approved by our peers, which often takes some time to occur.
During this week in the Simulation Lab the students continued working on practicing their Vital signs on each other. They also worked very hard on learning how to complete a skin assessment. Some of the mannequins were placed back into the beds while others were moved to the “display window”. In order for the students to have the best life like experience they can, it is important that they view the mannequins as true patients, thus the reason for the street clothes, make up and jewelry on some of the mannequins.  There will be more to come in the weeks to come.






No comments:

Post a Comment